Problem in accessing remote desktop through "Remote Desktop" getting the following error "Local Policy of this computer does not allow you to logon interactively". I've surfed through the web and found the following links are very helpful in resolving the issue.
1) To get an overview of the issue
2) To actually resolve the issue
Steps I followed to resolve the issue in the desktop that I wanted to connect to remotely
In the desktop that you want to be accessed remotely.
1. Start -> Control Panel
2. In Control Panel, Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy
3. In Local Security Settings, Expand the tree option:
Local Policy -> User Rights Assignment
4. Check the values for the following two Policies in the right pane:
a) Allow Logon through Terminal Services
Ensure that your id or any group that you belong to is present in this list.
b) Deny Logon through Terminal Services
Ensure that your id or any group that you belong to is not present in this list.
In the desktop that you want to run the "Remote Desktop" client to access any system remotely
1. Run the "mstsc" command to start the Remote Desktop client.
2. Give the user credentials to login
The steps above resolved my issues. Some pre-requisites to be met to actually access any system remotely are:
1. The system should be enabled for remote access.
Steps for enabling a system for remote access are given below:
Right click on "My Computer" icon and click on "Properties"
select the "Remote" tab.
select the check box agianst "Allow users to Remotely connect to this computer".
2. Following services should be enabled on the system
Run the "services.msc" command.
Ensure that the "Terminal Services" service is running"
:) Happy problem solving.