Earlier I used to show the Album cover photo and manually give a link to it to point to the Slideshow url of the picasa album.
The New Embed feature is really very helpful as it allows viewing of the Picasa album from with in the site.
It all happens in few steps as below
1) Add photos to your Web album as you do regularly.
2) Open the Album by clicking on the album.
3) The Right Side bar will be displayed as below
4) Click on "Link to this album" link. The option for Embed slideshow is displayed as below:
If youdo not have "EN- US" as the language in your picase settings, then the "Embed Slideshow" option does not appear.
5) Click on the "Embed Slideshow" link. A dialog box opens as below
Select the options as you link, I always prefer to disable the "Autoplay" feature.
As it is the user of the site, who has to decide if a particuler media component has to be played automatically. Initially with out knowing this feature, I added six albums which resulted in un-acceptable behaviour as all sx albums started playing automatically.
6) Copy the HTML code snippet given in Step 5 and paste it into your blog.
Hurray, the process is done,,, and you now have the album that can be displayed as slideshow direcly on your site.